Skip to content
SERVINGS: 6 PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 heaping tsp dried turmeric
- 3/4 cup chopped California Dried Figs
- 2 cups arugula, gently packed
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Put the farro and water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat until the water simmers, put on the lid, and cook until the farro is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove form heat and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, mustard, salt, pepper, and turmeric in a large bowl.
- Add the farro, figs, and arugula and toss well. Crumble the feta over the top and toss again. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of californiafigs.com