Skip to content
SERVINGS: serves 6
- 1 cup tawny port or other sweet red wine
- 1 package (8 oz) California Dried Figs
- 2 red Bartlett or Anjou pears
- 6 slices (1/2 oz each) Brie (or other soft cheeses such as Teleme or Camembert)
- Combine port and figs in small saucepan. Cook, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel, core and slice pears into 12 slices each.
- Arrange 4 pear slices on each of 6 dessert plates; top each serving with 1 slice of cheese. Divide fig compote and spoon evenly onto plates.
Recipe courtesy of californiafigs.com